- In addition to being used for food and for carving into Jack-o-Lanterns, pumpkins once had what other uses?
- It was once thought that pumpkin juice could erase freckles and cure snake bites.
- It takes about eight ingredients and over 24 hours to prepare what food?
- Salami. So it's better to go to Giant, which features many different types of salami, all ready to eat.
- A small coffee shop that opened in Cleveland in 1922 was the start of what multinational food company?
- Stouffers frozen foods. That small coffee shop was so popular, there were soon several restaurants, which, in the 1950's began selling frozen containers of some of their entrees. In 1954, the Stouffers Frozen Food Company was founded.
- Each year, the average American eats 29 pounds of what food?
- *All answers are items available at Giant!
2014 “Sophie Altman Coach of the Year Award”
To honor the memory of It's Academic's creator and long-time producer, Sophie Altman, Giant Food is presenting the 2014 “Sophie Altman Coach of the Year Award.” This Award is intended as a tribute to all It's Academic coaches for whom Sophie Altman had so much respect.
2014 Coach of the Year Honorees:
- Sam Gee, W. T. Woodson High School (Washington DC winner)
- John Koepke, Catoctin High School (Baltimore winner)
- TV Guide released their list of the "Fifty Greatest Game Shows of All Time." The only local show included was It's Academic - Read the article »
- Washington Post survey declares It's Academic the #1 greatest high school TV series! Read the article »
- After 50 years, ‘It’s Academic’ is still getting it right - Read the article »