- In 1972 three friends set up a small Brooklyn store to produce "an all-natural beverage that New Yorkers will love." This was the start of what major business?
- If you attend the annual Spargelfest in Schwetzinger, Germany, you will be celebrating what spring vegetable?
- Asparagus. And the farmer who produces the heaviest asparagus stalk is crowned Spargel King or Queen.
- At the Louisville Slugger Museum, there's a sculpture of Hank Aaron made entirely of what?
- O Henry bars
- In addition to his work with peanuts, George Washington Carver found over a hundred new uses for what other food?
- Sweet potatoes
- *All answers are items available at Giant!
2016 “Sophie Altman Coach of the Year Award”
To honor the memory of It's Academic's creator and long-time producer, Sophie Altman, Giant Food is presenting the 2015 “Sophie Altman Coach of the Year Award.” This Award is intended as a tribute to all It's Academic coaches for whom Sophie Altman had so much respect.
To nominate your school’s It's Academic coach, just send us an e-mail telling us why you would like to honor your coach. Length is optional, and coaches may be nominated by individuals or by groups, as long as those making the nominations are members of the school community. The email address for award nominations is firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Deadline for nominations is March 31, 2016.
The winner will be announced on the championship show in June.
- We are happy to announce that It's Academic is returning to KFVE in Honolulu.
- TV Guide released their list of the "Fifty Greatest Game Shows of All Time." The only local show included was It's Academic - Read the article »
- Washington Post survey declares It's Academic the #1 greatest high school TV series! Read the article »
- After 50 years, ‘It’s Academic’ is still getting it right - Read the article »