- In what US city do people eat the most hot dogs?
- Los Angeles
- What is America's most popular hot dog topping?
- Mustard, followed by ketchup, onions, chili and relish.
- What popular hot dog brand got its start in 1883 in a Chicago butcher shop?
- Oscar Mayer. There was a real Oscar Mayer, who owned the butcher shop with his brother Gottfried.
- How did the "hot dog" get its name?
- Hot dog historians think that frankfurters---because of their size and shape---were referred to as "dachshund sausages" by early 19th century vendors. The name was eventually shortened to "hot dog."
- *All answers are items available at Giant!
2015 “Sophie Altman Coach of the Year Award”
To honor the memory of It's Academic's creator and long-time producer, Sophie Altman, Giant Food is presenting the 2015 “Sophie Altman Coach of the Year Award.” This Award is intended as a tribute to all It's Academic coaches for whom Sophie Altman had so much respect.
We congratulate our "Coach of the Year" winners:
- Washington — Peter Kelley, St. Albans School
- Baltimore — Dr. Eric Seifter, Centennial High School
- TV Guide released their list of the "Fifty Greatest Game Shows of All Time." The only local show included was It's Academic - Read the article »
- Washington Post survey declares It's Academic the #1 greatest high school TV series! Read the article »
- After 50 years, ‘It’s Academic’ is still getting it right - Read the article »