- The average American eats how much chocolate each year?
- 10 to 12 pounds. They eat a lot more in Britain.
- This year marks the 85th anniversary of what major food company, that's a cooperative of cranberry and grapefruit growers?
- Ocean Spray
- What herb is not only tasty, but also a good insect repellant?
- Chives. And some people think chives are also good at relieving high blood pressure.
- What vegetable was actually worshipped by ancient Egyptians?
- Onions. Their spherical shape and concentric circles symbolized eternity.
- *All answers are items available at Giant!
2015 “Sophie Altman Coach of the Year Award”
To honor the memory of It's Academic's creator and long-time producer, Sophie Altman, Giant Food is presenting the 2015 “Sophie Altman Coach of the Year Award.” This Award is intended as a tribute to all It's Academic coaches for whom Sophie Altman had so much respect.
We congratulate our "Coach of the Year" winners:
- Washington — Peter Kelley, St. Albans School
- Baltimore — Dr. Eric Seifter, Centennial High School
- TV Guide released their list of the "Fifty Greatest Game Shows of All Time." The only local show included was It's Academic - Read the article »
- Washington Post survey declares It's Academic the #1 greatest high school TV series! Read the article »
- After 50 years, ‘It’s Academic’ is still getting it right - Read the article »