- The first two words that Mickey Mouse uttered were the name of what food?
- Hot dog. He said these in "Karnival Kid" in 1929.
- When ancient Chinese courtiers had eaten too much garlic, they'd chew what spice before meeting with the Emperor?
- According to celebrity chef Ina Garten, the perfect comfort meal is grilled cheese and what?
- tomato soup
- In 1984, Ronald Reagan declared July as the official month for what food?
- ice cream
- *All answers are items available at Giant!
2016 “Sophie Altman Coach of the Year Award”
To honor the memory of It's Academic's creator and long-time producer, Sophie Altman, Giant Food is presenting the 2015 “Sophie Altman Coach of the Year Award.” This Award is intended as a tribute to all It's Academic coaches for whom Sophie Altman had so much respect.
To nominate your school’s It's Academic coach, just send us an e-mail telling us why you would like to honor your coach. Length is optional, and coaches may be nominated by individuals or by groups, as long as those making the nominations are members of the school community. The email address for award nominations is firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Deadline for nominations is March 31, 2016.
The winner will be announced on the championship show in June.
- We are happy to announce that It's Academic is returning to KFVE in Honolulu.
- TV Guide released their list of the "Fifty Greatest Game Shows of All Time." The only local show included was It's Academic - Read the article »
- Washington Post survey declares It's Academic the #1 greatest high school TV series! Read the article »
- After 50 years, ‘It’s Academic’ is still getting it right - Read the article »