- Each year, the average American consumes how much rice?
- Almost 25 pounds---far less than in most Asian countries.
- In Waco, Texas, there is a Museum dedicated to what iconic American beverage?
- Dr. Pepper.
- If, for some reason, you wanted to circle the equator with walnuts, you would need how many?
- 1,051,818,240. Though, of course, you'd need more if you stopped to eat a few on the way.
- Every day, the Aztec Emperor Montezuma drank 50 golden goblets of what beverage?
- Hot chocolate. And it was really hot, because it contained chili peppers.
- *All answers are items available at Giant!
2015 “Sophie Altman Coach of the Year Award”
To honor the memory of It's Academic's creator and long-time producer, Sophie Altman, Giant Food is presenting the 2015 “Sophie Altman Coach of the Year Award.” This Award is intended as a tribute to all It's Academic coaches for whom Sophie Altman had so much respect.
We congratulate our "Coach of the Year" winners:
- Washington — Peter Kelley, St. Albans School
- Baltimore — Dr. Eric Seifter, Centennial High School
- TV Guide released their list of the "Fifty Greatest Game Shows of All Time." The only local show included was It's Academic - Read the article »
- Washington Post survey declares It's Academic the #1 greatest high school TV series! Read the article »
- After 50 years, ‘It’s Academic’ is still getting it right - Read the article »