- Each year, the average American eats how many pounds of onions?
- 20 pounds. The average person in Libya eats over 65 pounds of onions each year.
- What major food company was born when the owner of a small Ohio diner couldn't get good sausage to serve?
- Bob Evans Farms. There was a real Bob Evans, who started making his own sausage to serve in his restaurant. It was so popular, he soon began selling it in 10 pound tubs to truck drivers.
- What North African city gave its name to a popular fruit?
- Tangiers, in Morocco. It was a major importing and exporting site for the fruit that would be called "tangerines."
- According to a recent survey, what is the most popular meal choice for American children from 3 to 11?
- *All answers are items available at Giant!
2016 “Sophie Altman Coach of the Year Award”
To honor the memory of It's Academic's creator and long-time producer, Sophie Altman, Giant Food is presenting the 2015 “Sophie Altman Coach of the Year Award.” This Award is intended as a tribute to all It's Academic coaches for whom Sophie Altman had so much respect.
To nominate your school’s It's Academic coach, just send us an e-mail telling us why you would like to honor your coach. Length is optional, and coaches may be nominated by individuals or by groups, as long as those making the nominations are members of the school community. The email address for award nominations is email@example.com.
- Deadline for nominations is March 31, 2016.
The winner will be announced on the championship show in June.
- TV Guide released their list of the "Fifty Greatest Game Shows of All Time." The only local show included was It's Academic - Read the article »
- Washington Post survey declares It's Academic the #1 greatest high school TV series! Read the article »
- After 50 years, ‘It’s Academic’ is still getting it right - Read the article »